Today though I’ve decided to punch out a quick post! With the Super Bowl soon approaching I thought I’d talk about all those yummy foods that are not so good for you … because that’s what the Super Bowl is all about right?!
My question for you is what is your favorite party food??
About 5 years ago I found my favorite party food thanks to my future Mother-In-Law. I think this is a favorite dip amongst everyone in Rotenberger household so of course I had to get the recipe. I made this dip over 20 times that year and it didn’t take me long to memorize the recipe. So if you don’t have this in your recipe book I suggest you add it!
- 16 oz softened cream cheese (I use Neufchâtel cheese)
- 16 oz sour cream
- 2 tomatoes diced (or you can use 1 large can of diced tomatoes)
- 1 small can chopped black olives
- This is up to you if you would rather cut up whole ones it is totally based on preference
- 1 jar taco sauce (mild, medium, hot is up to you)
- 1-1.5 C of shredded cheese
- You can use more or less depending on how much you like cheese
- 9x13 baking dish
Thoroughly mix together the cream cheese and sour cream making sure there are no lumps of cream cheese. Once the mixture is blended add it to your container and smooth out.
Pour taco sauce over the mixture * note you might not need the entire jar; don’t drown the mixture just enough to cover it in a nice layer *
Next evenly distribute the tomatoes and olives over the sauce, and last layer on your cheese.
I like to let my chill in the fridge for an hour or more but it is totally up to you.
Enjoy and have a great Super Bowl Sunday!
|Tex-Mex Dip I made during the NDSU playoff game|
NDSU wouldn't fit, this was the closest I could get with the olives!
- Laura Beth